Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sweet Thursdays!

I thought I'd start a sweet Thursdays post...to add a little sweetness to your week :)  So I'll be posting a new recipe for deserts evey Thursday!  I hope you enjoy!   Here we go..

"Pudding Chomeur"


Sauce

1 c. pure maple syrup
1c. brown sugar
1c. boiling water
1/4 c. butter

Cake batter

1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 c. butter
1c. sugar
1c. milk

Pre-heat over at 325 degrees.  Sift the flour and the baking powder in a bowl and set aside.  In a separate bowl beat the butter until creamy texture and add sugar while still beating.  Beat again until you get a creamy texture.  Alternate adding 1/4 of the flour and 1/4  of milk while mixing until all ingredients are combines.  Grease a 13 X 9 dish and pour batter.


Pour all sauce ingredients into pot and bring to a boil.  Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes or so.  Pour the hot sauce over the raw batter and cook for 45 minutes.  Here is the delicious "not so diet friendly" result you'll get!  Enjoy :)


 
Anything made from pure maple syrup is just delicious!  I'm lucky enough that my brother and father own a commercial size maple farm up in Quebec so I usually have a pretty unlimited supply of this great stuff year round!!!


Sweet Thursday to you all !

Delightful Order


No comments:

Post a Comment