Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sweet Thursdays....#2

Happy Thursday everyone!  Hope yours has started off well.  Over here, we're still getting used to the whole "back to school" routine.  We'll get there...I'm pretty sure:)  This week I thought I'd share one of my sweet yet healthy recipes.  I love the feeling of eating sweets, but knowing they're somewhat healthy for you {healthier...I should say}.  So this week I'll share my Zucchini/Apple bread recipe that I made with zuchinni that came straight from my own garden {even healthier...right???}.

Here are the ingredients needed to concoct this amazing snack:




3 eggs (beaten)
2 cups sugar ( I usually use a little less)
2 tsp vanilla extract  (I'm using homemade!)
1 cup of vegetable oil (I use 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup applesauce)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups of shredded zucchini
2 apples dices up

Optional
1 cup nuts
1 cup raisins



Pre-heat the oven at 400 degrees.  In a bowl mix the eggs, the sugar, the vanilla and the oil until all combined and yields a creamy texture.  Set aside.  In another bowl, mix the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.  Add the wet mixture and stir.  Add the zucchini, apples, nuts and raisins.  Pour mixture into a greased bread pans and cook about 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.  

***You could also chose to make muffins which I opted to do.  Only change to recipe would be to cook for 20-25 minutes.***

.
Fresh Zucchini from our garden :)





So moist and yummy.  They make an awesome snack for work or to send the kiddos in their lunch boxes.  I always feel good about sending them as much homemade food as possible.
Happy cooking to you!

Linked to:
HookingupwithHoH

No comments:

Post a Comment