Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Living Room Decor...

Hi everyone!  Hope your day is going well and that your creative juices are flowing {that way I can find some of your inspiring ideas in blog world} lol.  As I've mentioned before I'm not very creative but I love to take an idea and run with it!  I have a few things to share today!

So my living room has been calling my name and wanting somewhat of an update.  About two years ago we decided to remove our original mantel and replace the fireplace surround with stone.  We added some "faux" wood beams to the ceiling, put a fresh coat of paint and the living room was so much prettier :)

  I'm not one to have a ton of "nick nacks" on the walls or shelves.  I have two picture frames {on either side of the fireplace} with some professional family photos {that are "oh so due" for some updated ones.  Above one of our couches I've been wanting to add something as the wall is big and seems so empty.  I've contemplated the idea of some modge podge picture canvas', and then of some frames, and then I wasn't quite sure!  I love the idea of having a picture of my babies, when they were babies, with some sort of stencil .

Here is the layout that I've been playing with and I think I just might end up with something like this!  I really do like the canvas idea.  I'm thinking the pictures should be either black and white or sepia...not sure on that one yet!


If anyone has ideas they'd want to share with me, I'm always up for a little help :)  I'm wondering if the flower arrangement shouldn't be centered above the gallery...  

Now for the DIY canvas', I had seen a great way to do them on Pinterest.  Using tissue paper to print the photos on and then just modge podge.  We'll see how that works out for me.

So here are some before pictures.  I'll have to update with afters, once I can actually get this project done!  


Remember last week during my kitchen organization I mentioned that we always have a ton of papers on the kitchen island and that it drives me nuts???  Well, while I'm working on a little DIY mail holder, I've found an item that seems to do the trick for now!

Cute basket from Home Goods.


I used a piece of thick cardboard to which I glued some pretty scrapbooking paper so that we'd have a divider to separate bills to pay from mail to open and papers to file!  So much neater than the array of papers just laying on the counter don't you think??

Hope you all have a wonderful day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment