Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sweet Thursday...take 3

Happy Thursday everyone!  Hope your week is going well.  Mine is going as well as it can...TGTIF {thank goodness tomorrow is Friday}.  That pretty much sums it up right?  This week is going to be a little different as my sweet recipe isn't desert!  It's some sweet BBQ pork.

I love this meal not only because it's so good, but also because I love using my slow cooker any chance I get.  There's nothing like coming home from work and having half if not all of our dinner ready!  Such a time saver.

We buy our meat from a butcher we've known and we buy it for the year.  I really like knowing that the meat we eat doesn't contain antibiotics or hormones.  So we get our veal and our pork and it's all packaged up for our family meals.  I have a second freezer in the garage just for our meats and I love having everything sealed and packaged in just the right quantities for us.

So I have these pork rolls that WE LOVE!  I simply throw it in the crockpot with a bunch of chopped up onions, some chicken broth, salt and pepper and cook all day.  I often times will add carrots to the mix too :)

Ingredients

1 Pork Roll (Pork butt would also work)
2 cups of chicken broth
3-4 Onions Chopped
Carrots (Optional)
Salt and pepper
BBQ Sauce 

Put all ingredients in slow cooker for 8 hours on low.

Once it's cooked, I pull the pork apart and leave about 1/2 to a cup of the liquids in the crockpot and add 1/2 bottle to a bottle of BBQ sauce{depending on how saucy you want it}.  I have to tell you, I love DIANA sauces. They are so delicious, you definitely have to try them once.  Mix it all up and let it sit on low for 30 minutes or so.  This is definitely one of our favorites!!!  Serve over rice with some corn and carotts and you've got yourself a pretty delicious meal!  My husband loves ribs, but he says this is better and well...not so messy :)





I usually use the rib & chicken, the original or the maple.  SO DELICIOUS!!! 



Happy cooking everyone!

This post is linked to :

No comments:

Post a Comment